Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Bunch of Shrimp That Must Be Cooked? More Gumbo, of Course!



I had another day off today. Funny how that works when you hire more help. I spent the afternoon catching up on some cleaning projects and making Peanut Butter Bars and Magic Bars for the shop.



We have a bunch of raw shrimp in the frig that needs to be cooked asap and after mulling it over I decided we need MORE GUMBO(!).


After my experience last week (see here) I decided on some experimental changes. I made the same amount of roux, but added only one can of water. Instead of the different meats, I added the shrimp only. I counted 68 51/60 count headless shrimp, so a little over a pound. I haven't peeled that much shrimp in ages. I doubled the amount of okra and chopped roasted red pepper. I also doubled the crushed red pepper due to the lack of the jalapeno sausage.

All ingredients except the shrimp went into the pressure cooker for 25 minutes. Once the steam was released I set it to cook mode for 3 minutes to cook the shrimp.

It was divine! The flavor was deeper due to less water and there was more tasty booty. I ate the Gumbo by itself but nuked Todd a potato with butter, sour cream, and green onion. Stickboy needs a few carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment