Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chocolate Bomb Mini Muffin Cookies and Lemon Muffin Tops

I decided to fly by the seat of my pants this time. I made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, adding an extra egg, and stopping before I added the chocolate chips. I divided the batch into 2 bowls - 1/3 in one, 2/3 in the 2nd.

In the 1/3 bowl I added a large handful of semisweet chocolate chips and another of Special Dark Pieces. I used my small spring loaded cookie scoop to fill 12 of the 24 spots in my mini muffin pan almost to the top.

In the 2/3 bowl I added 2 Tbl. lemon juice and the zest of 1/2 lemon. The mixture became much softer. I used my small scoop again to fill the remaining 12 mini muffin spots almost to the top.

(Mix the remainders of both batches for a new flavor in a few days and store in container in frig)

Bake at 350 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the lemon side mushroom over the top and starts to brown to a light caramel.

Remove from oven and let cool until lukewarm.

Remove chocolate side first. I used a grapefruit knife to get as much of them out as possible.

Next, using a sharp knife, slice the tops off the lemon muffins.

Cool all on racks. Store in tightly closed containers

I put these out on the counter at work today and a few customers came back for seconds (and thirds).

No comments:

Post a Comment