Sunday, March 14, 2010

T-Bone Tacos - Can It Get Any Better?


We were supposed to have these yesterday, but we had a bizarro work day and opted for a simpler dinner of sliced summer sausage, sliced pepper jack and colby jack cheese, and 2 kinds of hot mustard.

Earlier this week we over estimated our appetites and grilled 2 HUGE t-bone steaks. There was a lot left over. I threw them into the electric pressure cooker with half of a large chopped white onion and a can of chopped green chiles. The cooking process did not go as planned. I ended up in 3 rounds of 25, 15 and 15 minutes trying to get them to shred. Not sure what the issue was but the end product was good.

Todd fried up the taco shells in the deep fryer. He managed to get them to perfection. Light, crispy, and melting in the mouth. Best taco shells I have ever had. His "My Precious" kitchen tool is the stainless taco shell mold pictured below. If I ever got rid of it, I would be single.



The taco innard additions were shredded white cheese, sliced romaine, diced fresh tomato, sliced avocado, La Victoria salsa, chopped cilantro, and Crema Mexicana. The Crema is a pourable version of sour cream and my new addiction.


I didn't WANT to stop at 2 tacos, but I did. Todd ate 2 stuffed to the gills and went back for more.

Changes for next time: When recycling grilled steak I will slow cook it in a dutch oven in our regular oven to see if that helps with the cooking process. Otherwise, this dinner was awesome!

1 comment:

  1. You are very creative in the kitchen, Gina! These tacos look delicious! I love Tex-Mex food :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete