Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trashy-Good Orange Crush Sherbet

It is impossible to describe how good this is.  In the 
background is the banana cake he will be eating with it.

Todd's favorite "ice cream" in the world is Orange Sherbet.  I recently bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker and when I found this recipe at the Ezra Pound Cake cooking blog, I knew I had to try it.  I ended up mistakenly using a large can of pineapple which made a little too much mixture for the freezer bowl, but I just put it into a container in the fridge to use when the bowl is refrozen.  I'll try the original recipe next time but Todd loved all the pineapple in it.


Trashy-Good Orange Crush Sherbet

1/2 of a 2-liter bottle of Orange Crush
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 small can crushed pineapple (I used a large can)

1. Combine Orange Crush, sweetened condensed milk and pineapple in a bowl.
2. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker’s freezer container.
3. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.

I added a fourth step to get a more firm sherbet.  Pack into a plastic container, cover, and freeze for a few hours.  Also, make sure your freezer bowl is solidly frozen (24 hours for mine).

This is really, REALLY good.  I'm going to try it next time with Diet Sunkist soda so I can have more than a few bites.

Rebecca from Ezra Pound Cake says that this recipe is also good using different combinations of fruit flavored sodas and fruit.  I'm thinking Strawberry soda with chopped banana next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment